Monday, December 1, 2014

Quotes Archive 2014

I must be willing to give whatever it takes to do good to others. This requires that I be willing to give until it hurts. Otherwise, there is no true love in me...Mother Teresa

I just wish people would realize that anything's possible if you try; dreams are made possible if you try. Terry Fox

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. John F. Kennedy

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. Theodore Roosevelt

All relational tension is the result of feeling like I need something from this person, and I am not getting it. So if everything I need and long for I already possess in Christ, I am now free to do everything for you, without needing anything from you. Pastor Tullian Tchividjian

Our hopes are high. Our faith in the people is great. Our courage is strong. And our dreams for this beautiful country will never die. Pierre Trudeau 

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong. Abraham Lincoln

Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.

Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman statesman 106 B.C. – 43 B.C. 

Lord, make my way prosperous, not that I achieve high station, but that my life be an exhibit to the value of knowing God. Jim Elliot

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. Abraham Lincoln

The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried. GK Chesterton

You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. Mary Pickford

No comments:

Post a Comment