Saturday, April 5, 2014

It's a Boy!

I was asked to make a cake for a baby shower. In keeping with the theme of their day...
 I traced pics like these - from the plates, napkins, etc, and made the characters with royal icing

I

And then I just put them on top of the cake! It turned out pretty cute, I think. The best part of this cake is the recipe. I'm posting it here in case in the link ever disappears. I had this cake once, at my sister in law's wedding, and it was one of the best cakes I've ever tasted in my life, I think. It was so good!

DELICATE WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 box Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix
1 (3.4oz) box of instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
4 large egg whites
1 C water
1/2 C vegetable oil
5oz finely chopped white chocolate

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all together, except the white chocolate, blend on low for 30 seconds, then blend on medium speed for 2 minutes. Hand fold in white chocolate. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 18-20mins, or until done.

With this cake, I did a cream cheese icing filling, with a layer on top of that of seedless raspberry preserves. I iced the cake in almond buttercream.
I sure hope it tastes amazing! Since I am not going to the shower, I won't get to try it out. Sad face. Need to make this again for ME...maybe for Brian's birthday:-) Or Easter:-) Or both!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment