Monday, July 6, 2015

Poo-Pourri

Ok, here's an oily recipe that everyone can appreciate - it's poo-pourri! You know when you go, and sometimes, lets just say, you wished you had a room full of potpourri. Ok, well, now you do! The way this works is that supposedly it creates a "layer" over the surface of the water that doesn't allow odors to come back out into the room. Brian literally laughed at this idea and said it wouldn't work...but wouldn't you know it - it works!!

In a 4oz spray bottle (I mixed mine up and put in two 2 oz bottles) mix together

2 T rubbing alcohol
10-20 drops of essential oils*
1 t liquid castile soap (like Dr Bronners)
Shake to mix. Fill the rest with distilled water. Shake again to mix.

To use, spritz a couple times in the clean toilet, and flush when you're done! It does a great job at keeping odors to a bare minimum, and I like it in the 2oz spray bottle because it fits easily in my purse for travelling.

*OILS TO USE: The original recipe I saw use Eucalyptus, Lavender and Peppermint. I used Purification, Lavender and Peppermint. But really any strong smelling oil would be fine. I did about 7-10 drops of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment